Five things I have stuck to religiously this week.
1.Tracking my calories through the My Fitness Pal app and it’s going well.
2.Remembering to take off my make up and moisturise before bed.
3.Stick to my meal plan and don’t buy things I don’t need. This is hard but it’s going well.
4. Keeping the areas I have de cluttered clutter free . This is going well.
5. Keep on top of the paper clutter,mail is dealt with as soon as it comes in and the recycling and filing is done.
I am a list maker and I love the satisfaction of crossing off things on my to do list but sometimes I allow myself to carry over too many of my to do’s to the next day. I have the best intentions of completing tasks when I write them on my list but I am easily distracted.
I complete a few tasks off the list and put the kettle on and sit and have a coffee but whilst sitting I will either pick up my phone or the the TV remote or both and get drawn in to my subscription list on YouTube or tell myself I am only going to watch one of the programmes I have recorded or on catch up, I pick up my phone and check e mails or social media notifications and that’s it,the ten to do’s still sitting unchecked are the furthest thing on my mind as I play my game on my phone or find out who the killer was in an episode of my favorite crime drama or read someone’s life story splashed all over social media,or,and this one will make you giggle,watch other people clean,de clutter and organise on YouTube! There is nothing wrong in taking a break but you really have to have got some tasks done before it is a real break and not just plain lazy.I have decided to take the bull by the horns and stick to my house work schedule and allow myself a ten minute coffee break and a lunch break. I am watching catch up in my bedroom whilst sorting the clean laundry and will put YouTube on when I am doing the ironing . I am putting my phone on the other side of rhe room when I am cleaning and I have already checked my e mails whilst having my coffee when I woke up.
My bed is made,breakfast things tidied away and washed up and I am about to tackle the living room which is today but needs sweeping and hoovering and then I shall pop the kettle on and take it upstairs and watch the Affair whilst folding laundry. My phone will only be looked at when this is done. So if you need some motivation I hope this helps. My motivation is to allow myself all the time I want doing anything I want when all of my tasks are done. I will not write a list knowing that it is unachievable and then I can sit guilt free with a coffee and my book,remote or phone knowing it is all done.
X Dawn (putting phone down right now !)
Here are five positives .
1. I have a working shower and it’s fab.
2. I have had my favorite breakfast which was avacado on seeded batch toast . Yum
3. Somebody loves me for who I am.
4. I have friends who make me laugh.
5. My dog stinks sometimes but I love him …
There easy …your turn.
Wow Friday again already,this week has flown by, I have been organising and this weekend I need to clean,I have the plumber in at the moment trying to finished the jobs that need doing in my new bathroom.
Here is my Five for Friday…pics that make me smile,as I have been doing a digital de clutter most of my photos have been put onto memory cards I have chosen from the ones I have yet to get onto cards.
- Don’t put bunny in the bag,even before she was two Emily had been a good talker and one day I took her out and she had her little bag and her beloved bunny,when we were in town I was trying to get her back into her pushchair and sort coats etc and she came out with “Nanny please don’t put bunny in the bag” my friend’s grown up daughter was with us and she couldn’t believe how well she could talk for her age.
- When my Grandson Mason was born he came to visit in his car seat and I had to take this pic,look how tiny he is an his little legs,so cute and it makes me smile.
- My Hubby John in a suit,he is an HGV driver and I am used to seeing him in jeans and his working boots and I love to see him in a suit,it makes me smile. he isn’t very comfortable but I like it.
- This picture of my innocent looking Sister Tracy who is two years younger than me ,there are just the two of us and we used to argue when we were growing up and she looked so sweet and innocent but wasn’t, she is quite funny and the queen of innuendo,she is a breast cancer survivor,she had chemo and radiotherapy at the age of 40 and thank god she is still here to laugh and joke,she thinks she is funnier than me but we all know that isn’t true. this Pic makes me smile.
- My fur baby Alfie makes me smile every day, he can be fast asleep but the second you rustle a packet or hears any food related noise he is off his chair waiting and giving me the look,he is now lying on my feet snoring as I am typing .
Have a great Friday,what makes you smile ? please comment below.
I thought I would do a review of my week every Sunday . I have been busy de-cluttering and organising drawers and cupboards around the house and I have a few things I am taking to the chairty shop and a few things to dump because I had a big de-clutter just before Emily went back to school in September. I am on top of meal planning and am doing my main food shop online, I do pop to the supermarket in the week for fresh milk and bread if we need it.
I have a housework routine and am on top of that as well,saying that and I have no idea why but my laundry basket seems to be full of towels ,we use a lot during the week but it seems to be a lot more,as soon as I typed this I remembered we had bought a few new towels so.they needed to be washed and we had a small leak from the washer and I grabbed the nearest towels which were in the clean pile to mop it up. My washer and dryer have been on overtime today. During the week I worked on my planner and added a few dates from an school letter .We had snow on the day of Emily’s educational trip and it was sadly cancelled but has been re-scheduled for this Friday. The bathroom is coming on slowly after after a few hiccups along the way .
We have rain here at the moment and it is still quite chilly and I have enjoyed hot baths,getting into my pyjamas and watching TV under my blanket of an evening and feeling cosy.
I suffer from insomnia so never have a full nights sleep and some afternoons have been known to nod off for a short nap.
I have de-cluttered my make up ,foot products ,nailcare and skin care and I have a new basket to house my hair dryer, straighteners, serums and hairspray. It sits at the bottom of my wardrobe out of sight.
All in all it has been a productive week .
What have you been up to ?
I used to love the Friday five posts I used to read and post on blogs a while ago. I thought I would bring it back,please feel to add your five in the comments I would love to know .
5 Things I am watching.
1. Unforgetton .I love a crime drama , Nicola Walker who plays DCI Cassie Stuart and Sanjeev Bhaskar DS Dunholme Khan in this gritty drama. I am currently watching season 2.
2. Silent Witness . I am currently watching season 20 of this award winning series . The show started in 1996 which is incredible. The current show stars Emilia Fox as Dr. Nikki Alexander which has been Inn the shown since season 8. I love this show and it shows just how far forensics has come since the start of this amazing show.
3. Secrets and Lies . I love this US crime drama starring Juliette Lewis as Detective Andrea Cornell I was gripped at season 1. If you haven’t seen it you should give it a go.
4. The Affair. .I absolutely love this show. It stars Ruth Wilson and Dominic West,they play Americans Alison Lockhart and Nosh Solloway. The show explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship between Alison and Noah. I love the format of the show which shows the story from both perspectives and I am gripped. I love the twists and I can’t wait to see the next episode. It is shown on Sky Atlantic.
4. Delicious with Dawn French and Emilia Fox who are in a love triangle with Dawns ex you have to watch this one it is on sky 1 . It has only just started but I know I am going to enjoy the antics of Gina (French) and Sam (Fox) who have both been betrayed by Leo played by Iain Glen.
What are you watching?
This week I have managed to organise Emily’s cupboards,my handbags,my built in cupboard in the spare room,my Christmas decorations,my towels, my wardrobe and the kitchen cupboards. …I am on a roll. I have one drawer one living room that Emily keeps a few things that needs sorting and the rest are done.
My next big project will be to go through my craft stash,bearing in mind I have been crafting for twenty years I have accumulated a lot of crafting goodies so it may take a while. I have some beautiful craft papers the there is no way I am getting rid of any but I do have quite a collection of stamps,embellishments,inks,stickers, pens, scissors etc that do need going though. I have decided to start today so this morning I have done some laundry and have a lamb hot pot in the oven and am about to hoover and mop downstairs and then take a coffee upstairs but one of my favourite shows on and get stick in,it will be the hardest thing as I love all of my crafty stash….see you on the other side ☺ x Dawn