Here are my 5 – this was a hard 5!
1. A sewing machine, I had not used one for years but about ten years ago I decided to buy one and I planned to make my own curtains and soft furnishings, I even got a pattern and material to make myself a skirt, the machine came out when I had a test run on a scrap of fabric and that was that it has nor seen the light of day since.
2. A years Gym membership, a new gym opened up nearby and seemed quite popular, It had a swimming pool and exercise pool and 2 floors of equipment and rooms where they held classes, a friend and I decided to join, I liked to swim and that was reward for doing the circuit of machines, we even tried various classes, The novelty wore of after three months and I occasionally went for a swim but that was it, the money was taken out of my bank for the next nine months which was such a waste.
- 3. A juicer, I decided to try juicing as a way of healthy eating, I got a juicer which took up so much space on my worktop and when I used it, it took ten minutes to take apart to clean, I used it about four times and it now lives in the cupboard under my oven, it was such a waste of money.
4. I fell in love with this red suitcase with black and white pictures of Paris all over it, it came with a matching vanity case and weekend bag. It looked really classy , it was not until I got it home did I think about the weight restrictions on luggage when flying! It was so heavy, needless to say it has been used once and is not in the loft I use it for storage, another waste of money.
5. A white Christmas tree , I decided to do away with tradition and buy a white Christmas tree and decorate the tree and living room in icy pastel colours and snowmen themed ornaments , I got icy blue and silver decorations , when it was done I hated it, It did not feel Christmassy at all and I missed the red green and gold I normally decorate with, the room seemed bare and cold,I could wait to take the decorations down and I gave them to my Son.
Thanks for stopping by x Dawn